The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
robnolimit

2014 Truckin Throwdown.

Yes, last Friday was the '14 Throwdown. With all of the changes going on at Source (Truckin), I'm glad they still did it. First, I'll tell you that I was not invited, or more to it, really NOT invited. "Unfair to the other competitors" or something. OK, I get it, it's for the readers (more so advertisers). There were 15 trucks that showed up. 11 "Late models" and 4 "Classics". The 4 "Classics" were put into the "Outlaw" class, and told that they could run all events, but would not be included in the competition as far as points or trophies. We did know the guys that got in, and I went to help out with shock and set up tuning, and a little driving instruction. Jeremy Cook from Truckin did a great job keeping things moving all day, and the Racing Byrds handled timing for most events (Slalom, Speed-Stop, and Auto-x) They used the Fontana Drag Strip for the drag race portion, and show judging was done in the lot. We were blessed with nice weather, 85* and sunny, low wind.
So, we joked about the "outlaw class" deal, These are street drivin, pump gas trucks, 200 TW tires or better (less sticky). The "Competitor" class had Turbo's Superchargers, race gas, drag radials, crazy electronics, ABS, .... Apparently what the Outlaw class had that was unfair was No Limit suspension. And if that makes you an Outlaw, so be it. These guys had a blast all day, and they killed it.
The Drags was the only event where the Competition class came out on top, here, the Outlaws finished 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 8th out of the 15. Marcel's "Foxy" C10 (gold & black) was the quickest of the Outlaws. Now, in the Slalom, Speed-Stop and Auto-X, the Outlaws took 1rst-4th in each event. Wed D - 59 Apache took the Slalom, While Bill Speed - S10 took the Speed-Stop and Auto-X. When it came to the Show judging, Neil's cool blue GMC was the hands down winner, with Marcel's "Foxy" C10 a close second. That's kickin ass!
Attached Images

2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote