The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
Larry.sisk

72nvr

Hello, my first post, just got registered been reading this forum for a bit now and I got to say that old 1972 SBC Fleet side has been bugging the hell out of me . I bought the truck in 2008 it was on the side of the road in town for sale ,as soon as I get in the know ill post some pics although I kinda already started it just because looking at some of the pics you guys are posting I ripped into it ,any way when I got it it ran ,but like crap found out that it had a 327 (1965-1967) eng. in it with a 3speed on the floor, going by the id number it came with a 350/3 speed on the column , so I was wanting to put a new truck eng,trans etc. in it but that's not going to happen with the funds I have ,so I've got a 1974 Malibu Classic with a 1986 350 eng. Holley w/edelbrok man. And headers I decided that I would pluck the 350 out of the Malibu and it's TH350 trans and at least make the truck run so I pulled truck eng/trans ,car eng/ trans now I realize that I need to remove the original tranny crossmember from the 72 and either buy,build or use the Malibu trans cross member, next maybe someone who has done one of these can help I need to put in a different steer column because I don't want the floor shift set up any other suggestions would be appreciated .
Larry.sisk is offline   Reply With Quote