The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
Tilt

Advice needed on 86 step side short box

New to the site and needing some advice. I'm looking at buying an 86 stepside short box. It is an all original V6 Custom Deluxe w/ 3 on the tree. It is suppose to have just under 70,000 miles. Just a little surface rust on the roof and tops of the fenders. Bench seat, dash, and door panels look great, no cracks or fading. Truck looks used but taken care of. All the glass looks good except one ding in the top of the windshield. The steering column has a problem, and is being pull out. I have not been able to talk to the actual owner yet to find out exactly what is wrong, only talked to the in laws, but got to go check it out yesterday. I looked it over pretty good and nothing jumped out at me as far as problems, except the back bumper. I was told that it runs. What would be a fair price for something like this? I am Texas, a little east of Houston. Is there anything I should be looking for when I go back to talk to the owner? My plans for the near future would be just to clean it up, make sure it runs good and is safe to drive, get it down low, and throw some wheels on it. Just something to run around town and have fun in, not a daily driver. Sorry for the long post. Here are a few pics of it.

Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote