The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #27
Improbcat

Re: '64 rustbucket longbed former farm truck

After the frustration with the little panel on the driver's fender, I decided to skip over to the massive frustration of fixing the passenger fender. I'm using the rust-free but badly mashed fender I picked up at the flea market, cutting out the damage and replacing it with a piece from my original passenger fender.

First I cut back all the mashed metal, then came the tedious process of fitting, trimming, fitting, trimming.

I finally got to the point where the upper portion was as close as I could get it, and I couldn't fit any further because the whole thing kept shifting. By this point I'd mis-cut part of the lower section because the whole thing would shift while I was trying to eyeball cuts. So I got the top lined up and tacked it into place. This way it is stable to trim the bottom part. I'm planning to bolt it to the grille support panel upside down on the bench so everything is held in place for me to do the final fitting & welding of the lower half.

SOLD 1964 C/10 Shortbed Fleetside, Deluxe. (pictures) SOLD
Improbcat is offline   Reply With Quote