The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
DylanVK

Help with door alignment

So first a little background - as best I can tell I am the 4th owner of this truck since it became a 'project truck' and other than going over it with a fine tooth comb to see the sheetmetal and body work were done properly I don't have much info on how/who did a lot of the work.

Bulk of the cab and bed restoration were done 3 owners ago and everything is gapped really well, save for one spot on the drivers door where I have the door rubbing the drip rail (see pics)

Looking for some advice as to how I can tighten this up. Never done a door alignment on a truck like this before so its all new to me. Thanks in advance for any tips/tricks/advice.

It barely rubs on open/close - the leading edge gaps all look decent, maybe a little wide, so I have room there to pull the door forward I guess. Just looking for input on how I should proceed.
Attached Images

DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote