The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
poco64

another 64,66 pickup addict

hello everyone i have been lurking here for about 6 months. Cant believe how much info there is to be learned here. first of all i apologies if i am not doing this right. I have 2 pickups a 64 half ton, with the wishbone back susp. and a 66 gmc three quarter ton with leaf springs and 8 lug wheels. I will try to post pictures of each if i can figure this out. After i make some decisions on what direction i am going i would like to stumble thru a build here on this forum. any how I am trying to figure out which one to start with, the 64 1/2 ton or the 3/4 ton gmc. the 1/2 ton has a 230 6cy and the gmc has no motor or transmision. I have 2 292 motors I was thinking of using with a gm auto trans with an overdrive. Im wide open for ideas and thoughts on this. Is there one of these pickups that may be more or less desirable than the other.
Attached Images

poco64 is offline   Reply With Quote