The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
51Chevy3100

1951 3100 Patina Build

Hello All,
My name is Adam and I'm new to this forum. Just purchased my 1st AD project and have read thru several build threads, stoked to get some progress on mine. Figured I would start my own build thread, but you'll have to forgive me if I don't update a lot or am slow to respond. I work offshore.
Here's a couple pictures from when I bought it and started tearing it down. Hope they upload correctly.
Got it from a guy in Austin, TX who had money tied up in another project. He had done some minor frame work on this one. Put in a 350 motor bored to a 355 in front of a turbo 350 trans. Unsure what the rear end is, may end up changing that anyways for posi-trac and disc brake purposes.

Torn between static lowering the truck or getting an S-10 frame and putting it on bags. Leaning towards the latter of the two because that was my original plan. I just know that route will be more expensive and much more time consuming. This is my first truck/car restoration, only done repair work before but my best friend does restorations for a living so he will be helping me out! I've only restored tractors in the past. I'll be very open to ideas/suggestions/corrections/etc.
Attached Images

Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=636116

87 V30 1 ton Mud Truck
51Chevy3100 is offline   Reply With Quote