The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
JGross

In the paint shop now!

Well guys it been a long time coming but Project 65 Daily Driver in finally in the paint shop. When I started this project back in 2010 I know it would take a while but honestly I thought, two years at the most, but the more I did to the truck the more I found I wanted to do, and this forum didn’t help. Because this was to be my daily driver I first decided to not worry too much about body work or paint so I just fix the rust and painted it in my garage and didn’t worry about the bugs in the paint or the wavy body panels. But then can the 5.3L Vortec swap and that turned out much better than I had ever hoped. The truck was defiantly a 20 footer or maybe even a 30 footer, when people would walk up to get a closer look , I found myself explaining way I hadn’t done a better job on the body. So last year I decide to bite the bullet and finish the job. So this is what I did;

First I blow it all apart again and started on the hood. First I welded up the seam around the front then I sandblasted everything down to bare metal sprayed it with a spray on body filler and started sanding.

Then came the front finders, same as the hood, weld up seam and sand.

The bed was next, this took the most time because I wanted to get all of the waves out. Instead of welding up the seam though I used seam sealer and you guessed it more sanding

It’s kind of hard to see in this photo but I also filled in the slots in the vent cowl

Finally I shaved off the vertical drip rail

Well it’s in the paint shop now and if all goes well I’ll have it back the middle of Aug. Sometimes I ask myself if this is really the end and I’m finally done. The answer --- Hell no!

In case you’re wondering what I started with here’s my first post.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=405551
JGross is offline   Reply With Quote