The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
j.rigby15r

truck bed questions.

OK, so here is a little back story. I've got a 64 c10 long fleet. I bought her with the bed completely disassembled, being told all the parts were there and good. Come to find out it was missing the rear sill, had the wrong cross sills, as well as none of the pieces that go between the wood, and no hardware. Long story short. I am in the process of resembling the bed. That being said I have a couple questions.
1. My rear cross sill is on backorder, can I assemble the bed without the rear sill and put it in later or will that be a massive pain?
2. I am not putting wood in it yet, will do that at a later time. Will the bed mount directly to the sills without any issue and then latter just take the bed back of for wood?
3. Has anyone orders the mar k bed inductions or the classic parts one? If so are they any good or wroth the money? Or do I really need one?
Thanks for the help in advance.
j.rigby15r is offline   Reply With Quote