The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Fleetside63

New guy...new build...Fuel Injected and bagged

Like it says, new guy to the board. I've been lurking for a year now reading forums about LS swaps, static drops vs. bags you name it...

I have a '63 BBW Fleetside...bought it a year or so ago from a guy in Iowa, drove it for a few months and decided it needed torn apart. While in the deconstruction process, my father who has been sick for a few years passed away and needless to say the truck was put on the backburner. He had an Automotive repair shop I grew up in and worked at for years, married to my mom for 40 years, and myself an my brother. The shop has now become my responsibility. I teach at a Tech college and both of the Technicians at the shop are past students of mine. Between my job, the shop, and making sure my mom has everything and anything she needs I do not have much time for the truck, but I have told myself I need to work on it, I need to build it for my Dad. Our last conversation we spoke about how doing an modern v8 and bags would be cool...it's the way he would have done it. So needless to say...it's getting done.

What I've done so far...

-tore it down to the frame
- c- notch
-drop center crossmember
- drop spindles
-blasted and painted frame
-replaced all suspension parts (ball joints, bushings, etc.)

I have a low mileage 4.8/4L60E for it. Plan on doing the LS6 treatment to it. Full air ride including the Accuair E-level , and a whole bunch of other new odds and ends from when initially buying the truck.

The engine mounts, pedestals, and transmission crossmember will be in this week so the motor and tranny can be mocked up and then I can start plumbing the air ride.

I hope some LS guys follow this as I know I will have a bunch of questions when I comes to the wiring...I HATE WIRING! Yea, yea, I know...why do something fuel injected then...but hey, the old man wanted it. So hello from Pittsburgh, my name is Marc...looking forward to seeing what you guys build, and making some new friends.

Fleetside63 is offline   Reply With Quote