The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2014, 04:37 AM   #11
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
That's amazing. We lived in Woodinville and I worked in Kirkland for almost two years back in the 90's. Our vehicles were wet all the time. Everything sort of melts into the ground up there. To have a truck in original condition in that part of the world is a minor miracle.
Well Vic, this was originally an Eastern Wa truck until i bought it about 1994 and brought over to the west side, I even got to drive this truck during high school off and on, it didn't have an ounce of rust on it then or when i bought it, an engine rebuild and lift kit 95 thru 96, altho the engine ran fine.

Unfortunately the Eastern Wa sun and heat did a number on the gutter seal and all the rubber and i didn't realize how bad it leaked for a long while as it all ran under the floor mat and under the door sill plates, I got a wake up call one rainy morning when i hopped in the truck and pulled out of my driveway only to have about a 1/2 cup of water that built up on the bottom lip of the dash land on my lap, then i got super frustrated not being successful at finding the leak sources, and there was more than one, kinda gave up and let the truck sit for a number of years in the elements as a back up work truck..

So enter the information age about around 2000, slowly but surly i graduate from a computer smaller than a 286 and dial up bulletin boards, 56k modem, 286, Pentium, Pentium 2,slow speed internet via phone, and on to today with cable internet and quad core processors ect, i start to find there is a lot of good stuff out there to help with my cause of repairing my poor truck and i slowly start educating myself on restoration.

Then one morning about 6 years ago i looked out the window and there sits my poor neglected truck in the back corner of my yard, and its covered in this weird fuzzy green and black spotty looking stuff, i looked at Meg and said, man my poor truck looks like a swamp rat and the name stuck. So now due to my neglect and lack of a garage to fit it in, plus my desire not to let this truck rust to death has brought me here. Sorry for rambling on, had a long day at work and just unwinding with a Shock Top.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote