The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
DubyaS6

New here...my '70 C10 build

For as long as I can remember I have wanted a C10. My boyfriend and I have been looking for a good 6 months for a decent deal on one with no luck. Well about a month ago, we found one less than 15 miles from our house...and it was in amazing shape! Here is the day we bought it:

Someone did a quick restore of the truck, so the paint is a 6 at best, but it's a good base for a driver which is what we want. It's a factory tach and A/C truck (although there is no A/C currently).

The truck is actually in really good condition. There is one rust spot and it's in the fender well, so no big deal there. The underneath isn't pretty and the panhard bar is suuuuper bent, but all and all, it's not really THAT bad.

We have changed exactly 5 things on the truck so far. Amber blinker lenses (I like them better than clear), ignition On/Off plate, steering wheel, of course you have to have a window sticker, and we took the huge rear bumper off as we will be replacing that.

As far as plans for the truck goes, we will pretty much be changing everything about the truck other than the body. We are leaving that alone. We have ordered full front and rear suspension from Roadster Shop that should be here by September 1st. According to those guys, other than the 2 trucks they have built, we will be the first to sport their suspension for these trucks. SUPER excited to see it. We went ahead and upgraded to Penske shocks, Wilwood brakes and Strange 9" and axles.

We are LS swapping the truck, most likely we will go with a 6.2L and it will be a turbo build. We already have a Borg Warner S400SX T6 for it.

As far as wheels go, I initially wanted to go with Forgestar F14f's, but I think I have since decided on Forgeline DE3C's.

Here is a quick photoshop someone did for us on the F14f's...I am really excited!

DubyaS6 is offline   Reply With Quote