The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
mroho

1966 Chevy Short Box C-Notch Kit Install - Is My Frame Normal? Please Help!

Hello All!

I'm just in the process of installing a CPP C-Notch Kit on my 1966 Chevy Short Box. I have the old suspension removed and I was just getting a template ready to start the cutting. During this process, I notice that my traction bar mount is in the way on the driver side. The instructions or the research I have done online have not mentioned this to be a problem. I have attached some pictures of the area. Based on what I could see online, my traction bar mount along the frame and near the differential doesn't look normal. Is my frame a typical frame for a 64-66 short box?

I am guessing that I am going to have to notch the back end of my c-notch kit out to fit around the mount? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm thinking that the two rivets that I need to grind off to attach the c-notch kit to are in the right spot.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
Attached Images

Last edited by mroho; 07-21-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Missed information.
mroho is offline   Reply With Quote