The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
supercharged

Angry Previous Owner Funtime

Oh how I "love" the previous owner(s) of my truck, whoever and where ever they may be!

The person I purchased the truck from had no past history and claimed he never really touched the truck - one of those bought it before the "boss" said yes deals! And searches of the past DMV records went nowhere fast. So the work done on the truck in the past 50 years is a pure mystery.

But every time I start to do even the simplest mod or update I find wires and tubing that connects nowhere, missing fasteners, and holes cut to pass some item long since removed through firewalls and body panels.

And since I can never be sure what the wire or tube is for when first encountered, I have to carefully follow its contoured path only to discover it not connected at one end or both. Same with mystery tubing.

Moreover, the missing fasteners (and other small parts) really blows my mind. As if the PO thought "heck two of the six bolts are all you need to pin it back together"!! I sometimes wonder what critical missing part will reveal itself while I am driving it.

In the long run I probably would have been better just pulling all of the wiring and tubing and rerunning it all myself.

So just to make me feel like I am not alone - let me know your worst Previous Owner horror story.

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
― Aristotle
supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote