The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
TheBlueBomber

1963 C-10 shortbed fleetside patina truck

Hey ya'll, coming over here from the 73-87 and 88-98 section. I've owned a '79+ chevrolet since I was 16 (5 years ago) and I've always wanted something older. A couple of years ago I rode around in Jon's (1963c-10) stepper and I fell in love with the metal dash and wrap around windshield. I knew then the '79 wasn't going to satisfy my need for a classic vehicle.

Just a little history on me and my builds, when I was 16 I bought a 1979 k5 blazer. Not really knowing what I was getting into, I started taking things apart not knowing how to put things back together or where to go for information. I drove the truck around for a few months and then it sat most of its life until I got back from training (i am a 92R parachute rigger in the Army reserves) and bought my 1996 Z71 (TheBlueBomber). Once I had something reliable it was time to get rid of the rust bucket so I sold it to a friend of mine who parted it out and scrapped it.

The blue truck is my first toy. I got it in April 2012. I've put it in the mud only twice and I've taken it up and down the beach numerous times. I got this truck a couple of months into my relationship with my beautiful girlfriend and we've made a lot of memories throughout our relationship with it. The airborne sticker on the back glass was the first thing she got me for the truck. I never wanted to run any stickers on the truck but that day I decided it would be the one and only sticker ever put on the back glass.

The day after I got rid of the k5 I had a hole in my stomach and I was desperately looking for another '79. I wanted a long bed k10. After numerous deals fell through I started losing hope until one craigslist ad with no picture. It was a shortbed but I figured I would check it out anyways. I texted him and he sent me some pictures. As soon as I saw the intact dashboard I was sold. $1000 and 2.5 hours later and it was mine. Of course hard driving killed the transmission and now I'm doing an LS swap for the truck that is almost finished (if I can stop buying stuff)

1979 Chevrolet K10 Scottsdale - Carolina K10 -

My 4.8L Twin turbo build - Project Short Stroke -

Instagram - TheBlueBomber1996
TheBlueBomber is offline   Reply With Quote