The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
oborowsk

Transmission drain plug on THM700R4

Hi,
86 Chevy C10 and 305 engine is being rebuilt as I write this. Took transmission off (THM700R4). Since draining transmission fluid was a pita, want to install aftermarket drain plug. What is the best location for that? Has anyone done this? I plan on brazing the plug in so no future issues with leaking etc. Is best place on the bottom? On the side of the pan? Since transmission is out, I don't know if I randomly chose a place to put it, it might interfere with some brackets, etc. when I bolt it back on the engine. If someone could take a picture of what it looks like under the truck without everything taken off, that would also help. Took it off some time ago and don't remember what it looked like. In the future, I will take pictures of everything before I disassemble things. Done this for the engine compartment, but nothing else. Live and learn.....

Thanks
oborowsk is offline   Reply With Quote