The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2014, 07:05 AM   #11
Spblack

Re: 1957 Chevy Longbed Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednek13x View Post

hat
got the rear end true with in less than 1/32 of where it needs to be. Tacked it to the frame until i get the 4 link and notch welded into place.

Then stared at it and scratched my head on how to figure out ride height, so i can figure out where on my frame my front 4 link brackets need to be welded. And that brought me to scratching my head on trying to figure out how high of a notch i need.

Any one got any ideas on how i can figure out what my ride height is going to be, or how to figure out where to weld on the front 4 link bars.

That will be determined with what size bags and shocks you go with. that will limit how high you can go. install bags first, then determine what size shocks you need. you want to make sure when your fully extended, that your not hanging on the bag, you want the shock to take the load. example, lift the rear frame and let the axle hang. make sure your not pulling on the air bag or you will have some serious issues. also make sure you drive shaft and transmission have the right angle before you weld 4 link. find where your ride height first before setting angle. hope this helps.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=606412

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7560906
Spblack is offline   Reply With Quote