The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
Mike Wolsky

Help with headers on Brodix heads (from a new guy)

I would like to start off introducing myself. Name is Mike. I live near Seattle. I bought a '70 c10 last year to tinker with and build an engine. For the past 9 months I have been building a 383 stroker to put on it. This is my first engine build and attempt at fixing up an old truck.

I am to the point of wanting to crank the engine on the test stand and learned the headers I purchased do not fit the brodix heads I have. I contacted Hedman and was basically turned away. They stated their headers only fit stock head applications.

The clearance issue was the #3 cylinder plug. It basically touched the tube. I am running NGK 7373 FR5 plugs. These are the shortest I could find.

My Brodix heads are stamped 180KH319 and 180kg964. I first tried the Hedman midlength header #69020.

I also tried a set of full length tri y headers from a local shop (stans) who is very well know for their products.

Before dropping BIG bucks on a custom set, does anyone have a similar set up with brodix heads?

I am mounting the engine with Cpp tubular mounts. It is 3.5" lowered in front. It is 2wd.

Sure appreciate any insight you guys might have. I have searched the archive and came up empty.

Mike
Mike Wolsky is offline   Reply With Quote