The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Bullockchevy

Build - 69 Step Side - Take 2

I wanted to introduce myself to the board. I have been a long time reader/researcher on the site but I have not been active in working on my truck or writing on this site, but I plan to fix both of those now.

I have a '69 Short bed step side, that was my first truck at the age of 14 or 15. I worked on it constantly up into college and it was my primary driver over most of those years. It was in pretty bad when it started out and it made it to almost show worthy by the time I was in college. Now I am in my 30's with a wife and kids and the truck has spent a lot of times in garages only to be driven once or twice a year. It has a fair amount of wear and tear now and a lot of the work we did back in the day needs fixed again.

I felt bad about truck being neglected like that and I knew the only way I could motivate myself to fix it again was to make it my daily driver once again, so a few weeks ago I sold my 07 Chevy LTZ crew cab. Once I started driving the 69 again it didn't take long to start re-planning everything that needs to be done. The projects are big enough that I am breaking them into phases and I hope to complete one "phase" a year.

Phase 1 -Convert 4 wheel manual drums to 4 wheel disc with hydroboost.
Phase 2 - Serpentine belt system with new accessories, (engine is a '92 350)
Phase 3 - Air conditioning, (was original air truck but everything is missing)
Phase 4 - New drivetrain
Phase 5 - Re-paint and... well its never ending

So before I dive into the details of phase 1, I thought I would share some pictures of the truck over the last 15 years to catch you up...
Attached Images