The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
WTX-65LWB

1965 C10 LWB - Bringing Back a Part of the Family

Hello all! I have been lurking here on the forum for a while. This site is a great reference and and awesome place to find motivation to dig into a project. I decided to start this thread to chronicle work on my 1965 C10 LWB that has a lot of family history.

The truck shown in this thread was given to my Grandfather by a close family friend before he passed from cancer in the early seventies. It started life as 230/3spd custom cab. My Grandparents travelled extensively with their camper trailer. To better handle the towing duties, My Dad and Granddad swapped in a 292 and an SM465 4spd. It was also equipped with dual batteries and a set of saddle tanks. It travelled more than 100,000 miles in this configuration. Needless to say, the truck was a fixture around the home place while growing up with countless hunting, fishing, and camping trips. Unfortunately, we lost my Granddad in 2009 and the truck was left to me. Due to various reasons, it has sat since that time. In the last few weeks, I have decided it is time to bring the truck out of retirement and get it back on the road!

The truck exhibits typical rust in the lower front fender/cab/door areas and wear and tear from extensive use. Mechanically, it has been well maintained through the years. Here are a few pics from pulling out of the shed.
Attached Images

WTX-65LWB is offline   Reply With Quote