The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Manatee Poacher

Painting the Burb

Hi guys,

I'm contemplating having my rig re-painted, and I'm curious what I can expect to pay for a beast this big. I tried some forum searches but didn't quite find what I was looking for.

There are about a half dozen small rust bubbles total between the 2 driver side fender wells, and I want to change the mirrors so there will be 3 holes to fill on each door.

It's very straight, minus a small dent in the tailgate so there isn't a lot of body work to be done, but the last owner went all Earl Scheib over the original paint so it is flaking off in places, which I assume means a fair amount of sanding.

I'm not looking for a 10 point restoration paint job, but I want it done right and want it to last a long time. I'm looking to bring it back to its factory green color, so the door jambs and dash won't need painting.

Is a budget of $5,000 realistic, or am I going to be looking at more?

I have no experience with auto painting and want to have a good idea of what to expect. I appreciate any input you have. Thanks!
Manatee Poacher is offline   Reply With Quote