The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
69chevytrucker

67-72 purist do not look might upset you

now like the title says this might upset some but i did not start this to get a hard time . here is what im looking for , thoughts and other ideas on what i might be over looking . first i like custom stuff so i have come up with a idea , lots of guys stretch trucks ,some shorten to make a short box . well here is what i have and what i am thinking of doing , just looking for input if i am missing anything or if it just will not work.(but im a guy that knows with a cutting tool and a welder you can do anything.
my idea is 83 blazer frame 106.5 in wheel base keep it like that. put a 69 c-10 cab on it, now short box is 6 1/2 long but what if i took a step side from a 2000 or newer ext cab ,cause the box i think is like 5.8 or something close to that.
do you guys think that would work .
i have the blazer already and i have a 69 2wd . but i think i would find another 69 cab cause mine is too nice to tear apart as it is 90% done as a 2wd .
the reason for doing this is i think it would look kinda cool to make a micro short box 69 . please only reply with positive input not looking to be bashed looking for input from those who have imagination... thank you
Attached Images

69chevytrucker is offline   Reply With Quote