The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Dcm

Newbie to forum with tons of questions

First, I'd like to start by saying hi, and thanks in advance for all the resources and knowledge that are available through this site.
Second, I'll give the specs. I bought a 1970 swb c10 4 weeks ago. Solid body. Rough interior. Paint ugly as heck. Truck runs fine (350 cu. in.) and has a turbo 350. A/C cab. The info sticker on dash pocket door says the truck originally had a 4 speed.
I took the truck apart this weekend (I have always wanted to do a restoration down to the frame). Speaking to a few body and paint guys, it seems that people aren't exactly lining up to paint an old truck. Also, seems that most people talk to you like you are crazy for tackling such a project. I was feeling pretty good about getting the truck all the way down to the frame this weekend, but now I'm kinda feeling like maybe I've played the fool? I'm not looking to drop 40k on this project. Hopefully I can decipher how to upload pics. Anyway, all and any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!
Dcm is offline   Reply With Quote