The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
pohnjarker

New C10 stock engine build with a twist

I picked up a '71 C10 last weekend, check it out if you havent seen it yet: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=640664

i have a lot of work to do but my main project is to pull the engine/tranny and rebuild it. i like that it looks old and beat up so it wont look like the frame offs i see all around this site, but it will run like a top so i'll be happy.

------------Here's the "oh geez, not another build thread" part------------

i want to build the stock motor, as long as its solid, into a 383 stroker street truck that will see the track occasionally. id like power up to 6500-7000rpm and i'll be running it on 93 octane. i'd like to add nitrous to it as well.

id like to keep the budget around 3k but that seems kind of low for a quality build so i'll say 5k to have some room.

i'll probably end up picking up a 700r4 tranny to add in the future if i dont find anything else. the current tranny has an issue when backing up, it'll just sit there in gear and very slowly slide into gear. if i rev it, it wont move but if i let it idle into gear, it'll eventually go.

any ideas would be cool and i'll answer any questions ya got. i want to do this build right the first time so the more help the better.
pohnjarker is offline   Reply With Quote