The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2014, 02:40 AM   #1
frankyjoet

a/c ?'s

hi, am installing a/c for the first time in my 73gmc non-air. i've removed the interior box with the heater core which is new. removed the blower fan and saved it. installed 3 pieces of a/c tubing under the dash. the tubes go to 3 outllet vents- 2 in the dash bezel and 1 above the ash tray and 1 on the pass side of dash. i have to find a dash bezel for the latter two. 1 piece of tubing has a rectangular opening that is located slightly below the glove box on left side. Does the blower fan get installed through the firewall and where. i think this fan is a/c heat/ combo. the tubes came from a parts yard, 81 chevy subn. all in very good shape. the evaporator, where does it get mounted on the firewall. i do have a a/v heater module with small vaccum hoses. they get attached to the evaporators on the kick panels, the other hose i don't know. i have the old air vent style kick panels saved. will send pics to help. thanks
frankyjoet is offline   Reply With Quote