The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #22
madeinalaska

Re: FINALLY made a purchase

So it's been a couple years now and I'll give some updates:

Replaced the exhaust with true dual 3" flowmasters all the way back out the rear. The shop was VERY excited to get to do it...even gave me a break on the price.

Replaced the carb with a Holley Street Avenger 750cfm 4 barrel...(the old one has the choke stuck open and I never noticed. :/ )

New battery. Alaska eats batteries.

Other than that....THAT'S IT! I've had the truck for over 2 years and have had minor issues. (had to replaced the exhaust manifold gaskets when I brought it out for the summer. Damn cold weather.)

I've made friends with a guy who built hot rods for a long time before having kids and having to get a steady mechanic job. He's got an extra garage bay at his house and wants to take the truck under his wing this winter...which works out well because I am now working in the up in Prudhoe Bay (the oil fields in Alaska) on a 2 week on 2 week off schedule.

Next Up: Brakes. Big, beautiful brakes. I've been doing some research but haven't landed on a set yet....any suggestions?
madeinalaska is offline   Reply With Quote