The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
Former member Yoder213

Something other than skyjacker, pro-comp, and tough country

I've been searching for how I want to get 37" tires under my truck, and I've read all the talk on here and elsewhere about how stiff they all are. Well this weekend I made it down to BAT fabrication in Chico CA. and let me tell you, what he's done with DEAVER springs is something I have to share

http://www.batfaboffroad.com/

I got to see the newest work on the 86 jimmy they have there. He got the jimmy with a skyjacker lift (that's the photos with the blocks and steering stabilizers) and I was having trouble going over a cinder block with 47" tires.

He had DEAVER set up some spring packs (in the model that he helped designed for rock crawling his yota's) for the jimmy, 4" lift in front, 6" lift in the rear. This setup cleared the 47's (with considerable amount of trimming). and LOWERED the rig 4" from where the skyjacker lift had it.

and any of the tires could be raised 45" off the ground with the other three still touching.

All the shops in Redding CA are telling me I need an 8" skyjacker or tough country lift to get 37" tires under my 70 k20 longbed, laughed at my concerns about lifting with blocks, and all around made me feel that because I wasn't lifting a new truck, I wasn't worth there time.

I'm so glad I considered all the poor reviews of the lift springs available for us. and I hope what I've learned can be of help to those who want to feel cozy about there rig when you have to push the comfort zone.
check out BAT FAB OFFROAD's BATtle gear leaf springs,
Former member Yoder213 is offline   Reply With Quote