The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
PLYONS11

Pre bent brake lines questions 3/4 ton LB

Hi all, finally got my truck home and began working on it. Got her running yesterday. It's hard to believe that it runs so well after sitting for so many years. All it took was to drain the fuel, replace a few lines, clean the carb, and replace the FP. After that it fired on the first crank w/o choke. It's a 3/4 ton GMC LB with a 305 V6. Picture to come.

In my past posts I have noted that I was going to do a 496 swap. That's still the plan, but as well as that 305 is running, I think I'm gonna drive it like it is for a while.

My first order of business is going to have to be the brakes. The lines are so far gone that I can crush them with my fingers. The issue I'm running into is that I can't find a pre bent line set for a 3/4 ton. I have checked LMC, Brothers, and Classic Industries. I also called LMC to see if the 1/2 ton set would work. The lady I spoke with was no help at all. When I google search all I find is also for 1/2 ton trucks.

Does anyone know where I might be able to fine a set for a 3/4 ton LB? Or if the set for a 1/2 ton will work?

Currently the truck has a dual master. The clutch line seems to be fine, but needs bled. (Clutch is sticking to the floor). For the time being I just want to get her driving and will go back stock. Future plans include disks up front and power brakes.

Thanks
PLYONS11 is offline   Reply With Quote