The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
Zone47

Arrow Soo do you think this was a good deal or not ... ?

This is my first Chevy truck ever. I'm still trying to figure out details about exactly what it is trim, engine and tranny wise.

It's an 83 C10. It's from Texas and the body is amazingly straight for being as old as it is. I can't find any bondo in it anywhere, and of course there isn't any rust underneath.... just dust.

The engine and tranny was supposedly swapped out 30,000 miles ago for a rebuilt 350 4 bolt main engine and T350 trans. The engine ID is 3970014 which is a 68-79 350 2 or 4 bolt. The AC compressor is in the way of the other numbers on the deck that I need to further narrow field. Rear end is a 10 bolt ( I'm not sure if it's limited slip or not). It has dual tanks. Truck has never been hit or wrecked.

Soo, I'm trying to figure out what trim package the truck is. The dash has a Silverado badge, the truck has power windows, locks, gauges, AC, PS and brakes ... but there are no badges or fender wheel trim ( all that could have been ditched during a repaint). Did they make a C10 Silverado? Title just says C10

Tires are almost new, brakes are decent, front end looks to be older bushings and ballj oints, but isn't loose. Odometer shows 79K but could be more and title reflects it could be past the 100K mark.

Interior needs some freshening up ... new carpet and some door panel work. Seat is newer and clean. Paint is somewhat faded, but I think it will buff out and shine up a bit.

I paid $4,800 for it. I don't know if that was too much or average, but it a pretty solid base to start with restoration wise. Problems are, the tranny drips fluid, and just about everything needs serviced ... brake fluid purged, radiator flushed, new plugs, headers repainted .... oh yeah, it has new dual exhaust from the headers back.

Here are a few pix >

Thanks for any input or tips!
Zone47 is offline   Reply With Quote