The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Justin G

Project: Forged K5 - 1972 Blazer Build

Project Intro -
For the past couple years I've been working on a K5 build. Started off in September 2012 excited about a 1972 Jimmy I traded a 2003 Honda Foreman for......see that one here.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=542753

Parts Collection -
Although it seems like I haven't made any progress in 2 years, I've managed to acquire a few items that I'll be using for my build.
1986 CUCV - 1 Ton Axles, Hydroboost Brakes
2009 LY6 Engine - w/ 144,000 miles out of a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
6L80E AWD Transmission

The Sell -
Finally came to grips with the fact that my Jimmy was a mess. Needed new metal everywhere. Floor pans, rockers, torsion boxes, bedsides, bed patches, inner fenders front & rear. There wasn't a section of the Jimmy that didn't need some work. So after tearing it apart and stewing over it for 2 years......... I sold it!!

Depression & Regret -
It's funny..... that Jimmy was a heartache from Day 1, but I'm still bummed it's gone! In a moment of weakness & frustration I posted a Craigslist add putting the whole project up for sale.......before I knew it a guy showed up with a trailer and cash in hand and I had sold the Jimmy. I deleted the add before anyone else could show up! If it works out I might be able to get part of the Jimmy back......More on this later!

The Purchase -
After a few weeks of nation wide searching I settled on a 1972 Blazer I found fairly close to home. It was about 4 hrs from me.....just outside of Atlanta, GA. Still a project.......but a lot better starting point for my build.

Basic Build Plans -
1972 Blazer
6.0 LY6/6L80E/NP205
1 Ton Axles
H2 Wheels
37" BFG's
07-14 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade 2nd Row Captains
Family Roll Cage

Pics -
Attached Images

Justin G is offline   Reply With Quote