The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
dunce79

Question 59 Camaro clip questions

I have 59 Fleetside shortbox that I'm going to be starting on and I want to put a camaro clip on it. I just had a couple questions while trying to decide what clip to buy. As I understand it the 70 and up clip is slightly wider so its harder to run wider/bigger rubber if the truck is low, and mind will be. I like the look of a wider tire/rim up front. However, the 69 and older clips have rear steer possibly making header fitment and attaching the column to the steering gear more of a challenge.

I have a 69 Camaro with a smallblock, stock suspension and 3/4 full length headers so I know there are headers that fit. I guess the first question would be:
1. if using a 67-69 clip is there much of a problem getting the steering gear attached to the column? I will most likely replace the column and wheel with something newer/tilt ect.

2. If using a 70 and up clip what size tire/wheel can be run without running into major clearance issues? I'm guessing I'll have my truck sitting so that its about 4 inches off the ground at its lowest point.

Thx
dunce79 is offline   Reply With Quote