The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #1
69 air cab

Big Thanks for a fellow truck guy

Some of you may remember me posting two threads stating I could not find the right inner bearing to fit my truck. I finally had a local chevy dealer state I had the right bearing, which led me to believe I had the wrong spindle. Well.......a new friend, "1972C107" (AKA Don) from TX went out of his way to drive miles to take a pic of a 69 hub and spindle. After seeing that I knew I had the right spindle and it must be something else. So I miced it again and finding it was only a nats hair differenc, I took some light sand paper and work on it checking ever few min. After a little while it (bearing) slide right on. Don has also helped me find a few parts the last week or so and has been a GREAT help.
This tread is to thanks "1972C10" in a BIG way, because it's made my life better.
I don't know why the spindle/bearing fit was like that but hopfully I'm done with any more to do with that.
Thanks again Big Don and thanks to all other for your continuous support in what I hope to be one of the finest show trucks out there.
69 air cab is offline   Reply With Quote