The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Smurfeh

4L60e quick disconnect fittings

I'm going to be throwing alot of questions over the next little while because me and my truck need to take a 5000km in a month, so I'm just trying to get everything squared away before then.

I'm using the original lines from the 84 K5 Blazer with the pipe thread b-nut ends, Im currently using the fittings (attached to the trans) from the old 700r4 in the 4l60 which dont belong at all.. just used them to get it started and moving under it own power now that its time to start really using this thing on highways, those fittings wont do, nor will they hold up to the pressure..

Anyone have a suggestion on how I could continue using the original lines but with a fitting with the proper thread pitch so actually seal the pressure... Or maybe someone knows the quick disconnect fittings thread pitch/size that way I could find a plug with that pitch and then drill and tap it for my pip thread lines... 2007 (new body) 5.3 4L60e

Thanks in advance!
Smurfeh is offline   Reply With Quote