The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #29
tlorber

Re: Newer AD Kit... any experience?

You can check out my thread for some info in the AD kit. I wish I were further along, but I will continue to post as I make progress.

Personally I went with a frame swap because my GMC 150 is just way too stiff, too high, and too long to be remotely practical, let alone the soggy steering. This is AFTER I put in a 4.10 rear and a T5. Oh and then there's the brakes.

The intent of both of the kits is to allow the owner to drop the cab and bed onto the truck in a preset position ( one can argue whether those positions are "right or wrong"- that is personal preference), without a lot of back and forth, and to have the cab mounts done. I believe both are also intended as pure bolt ons so that those without a welder can do the swap.

I had no problem replacing suspension bushings-it just seems logical if you are down to the frame anyway and you want your truck to handle better than an old freight hauling vehicle. I will be augmenting the AD kit but I will also be adding AC, LM7, and other modern aspects to the truck, because I want to be driving it a lot,month just on the odd Sunday.
tlorber is offline   Reply With Quote