The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
zamboni2354

SMC with bb mounts and low hump cab...will it work?

Hi guys,

I had a long bed truck that was cut to a short bed. it had a high hump cab and 72 big block motor mounts/perches, however the motor is a small block 350.

I picked up a short bed frame and a fairly rust free cab and planned on moving every thing over to the short bed frame.

My plan was to replace the BB mounts/perches for small block set up so I could sell the big blocks mounts to help recoup some of my frame/cab costs. once I got it in I noticed that it slide the motor forward about an inch or 2. this was confirmed once I tried to put the drive line in and it was too short but about an inch or so.

so now I was going to just go back to the BB perch set up so I wouldn't have to get a new drive line. I could probably keep the small block perches/mounts and move them back on the frame and drill new holes. I'm not sure if I want to do that.

So now the question. I know the 350 w/ 700r4 on 72 BB perches fit on my old cab, but it had the high hump. The new cab doesn't. Anyone know if it will fit? If no one knows I suppose I'll find out when I go to set the cab back on...lol.

jeff in long beach.
zamboni2354 is offline   Reply With Quote