The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
ztk123

Ls swap (swindle)

A few months started my 1st ls swap. Bought a 52,000 mile 5.3/4l60 pullout to put in my factory 71 2wd blazer. Bought a custom harness sent off the PCM for flashing and tuning. Followed a lot the awesome threads closely on the fuel system and other install info. Anyway, got everything ready to run and when I plugged in the code reader to scan for codes, up comes the vin # and at that point. I discovered to my surprise I had a shiny 4.8 in the engine bay! Needless to say I was MAD! Looks like I'm not the first one to fall victim to this kinda thing. I called the guy up that I bought it from and he claims he is as surprised as me??? He said he will make it right (for whatever that's worth). Now I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or start over. The cam I installed raises the HP by about 45 and the torque by about 30 according to the graphs. I also installed headers, electric fans and a street & performance CAI intake system The blazer weighs about 3500lbs (a little less without the top and 4 wheel disc brake upgrades and minus old engine and trans). and the sierra the engine came out of ways about 4400lbs. I started out just wanting a good a cruiser and felt the 5.3 was a good choice. Just looking for thoughts and advice as well as vent a little. Might make someone a good deal on a 5.3 lookalike! Lol
Thanks,
Mike
ztk123 is offline   Reply With Quote