The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2014, 04:14 AM   #1
thejackmfk

1966 c20 build PBR build

still new to this forum ive watched for a long time and have got lots of tips just going through all the threads finally decided its time to post my truck. i bought it about a month ago. this is not my first c20 but so far i do think this one is my favorite.

I got really lucky with this truck the previous owner had done a lot to bring this truck into driving conditon. it was originally a wyoming truck and i know at one point there was quite a bit of rust. there have been a few repairs, and a few more that still need to be done. one of the major selling points for me was that the bed wood had already been removed. last winter i replaced the wood on my 69 and spent the better part of a week grinding and cutting every bolt out.

I didn't really have a theme for this truck but when i bought the truck the heater controls had been removed and replaced from a bottle opener, so naturally i had to replace the shifter with a tap handle and after going through all of the ones i have i decided on PBR. It just fits so perfect!! As you can see from the pictures it did have the original steering wheel i replaced it with a smaller one for now. I know most people wont like it but im 6'6" its dificult to be comfortable with the original. i plan on lowering the seat and hopefully once that is done i can re install the original. the dash was already cut for a modern radio so i didnt feel so bad putting one in. and the kick panel speakers work great.

the engine is the original 283 and the trans was upgraded to automatic im pretty sure its a turbo350. when i got the truck it had a new aluminum radiator and broken fan so ive instaled a brand new electric fan with thermostatic control. and it all works pretty good. so far ive gotten a lot of parts from the orange ca truck and car shop. www.truckandcarshop.com most of their stuff works out great at reasonable prices and if it doesnt fit im close enough to take it back.

ive started staining the bed wood and cant wait to finish varnish to put it back on. so far i love the truck .
Attached Images

thejackmfk is offline   Reply With Quote