The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
jmabx

My long lost 65

Hi everyone! I'm new here and after checking everything out, it seems I've landed in the right place. An abundance of knowledge here and I'm going to need a lot of it!

Well, here's my little story. My dad bought me an old 65 Chevy C10 when I was 17 and it got driven into the ground my junior year in high school. The truck didn't cut it as a chick magnet for a 17 year old so I bought a Camaro, parked the truck and never looked back. I moved out of my parents at 18 and moved from Arkansas to Rhode Island at 20. Never thought about the truck again.

A couple of years ago I was talking to my brother in AR and he says; "Hey, you remember that old white truck you used to have?" "Yup" says me. "That old thing has been sitting in my yard for years." he says. "Cool" I said and forgot all about it.

A couple of months ago, a regular customer pulls into work in an old 65 C10 that he just bought. I took a walk outside to check it out and after a few minutes I had the itch. With ants in my pants, I rang up my brother. He still had the truck. After a little instigating from my co-workers and a lot of hard earned cash, the old truck showed up at my house after a 1500 mile journey on a trailer. Reunited after 22 years.

She's in pretty sad shape now. Apparently it had been stored here and there for a few years before my brother got it and it was used for parts. stripped of engine and tranny and a few odds and ends. Here's how she showed up at my house.

Front clip was in the bed and managed to get it hung back on after a few hours.

And a good bath didn't make me feel any better!

So, I have an engine and tranny lined up and looks like I'm going to need a new grille and header panel and many other parts. Right now, I want to concentrate on the floors. I had to clean the rodent mess out of the cab with a shovel, so needless to say, there's some rot inside. As you all know, patch panels are available but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with one spot and hopefully someone can help.

This is where the gas pedal mounts to the floor. I can't tell if this area is included in the large floor repair panel or if this is something I will have to make. I'm assuming that there are nuts welded underneath for the pedal studs but they are gone too. I would appreciate any help with what to do in this area.

Thanks for looking in!
jmabx is offline   Reply With Quote