The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
rcsbls2

Hard to find ER70s-7 Mig Wire

Have been reading in post about Er70s-7 mig wire having some easier grinding properties and being somewhat softer weld bead. But then lots of discussion that no one can find any. Here in my home town the local welding supplier told me they will look into getting me some.... then 5 days later called and was told they don't have source.
I have been searching the net looking for it .. Some places show its available but are wholesale companies. Dealers only. Seems to be .035 and .030 sizes. Why is this stuff not listed and available if its so good for sheet metal work we're all trying to weld and grind?
Did finally find some .023 listed on Ebay!!!!So it is available from Queen Welding Supply in Aurora Ill. Found on Ebay as fillermetalqueen. Blue Demon 33# roll. My Miller 175 can only hold a 8# roll! So I contacted them and they will rewind on to 8# rolls for $1.00/lb. From that I assume I would receive 3 x 8# rolls. They want $79.86 for roll,$33 to reroll and $24.22 freight= $137.08. If I calculate that back to cost per pound its $4.15 a pound. I can buy ER70s-6 right here uptown for less than $2.00 /lb.

So two questions
1) Does anyone actually have experience with this alloy? Not just read about in someone else's post.
2) Is this wire worth buying considering I don't use a lot, 33# will last me over a year? and will I be able to tell difference ?

So mainly I want everyone to know IT'S AVAILABLE, how its sold and not just I heard but can't find!!!

Just thought of 3rd question....

Is this best place to put this information?
Attached Images

rcsbls2 is offline   Reply With Quote