The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Chevy Fleetside

I hate taking my truck to the shop.

I would rather do the work on my truck myself, but sometimes you have too. I needed the front end aligned. I took it down and they did it. Now for the fun part. About a week after maybe more it started drifting to the left, of course I had that look on my face like what now.. I jacked it up and noticed the idler arm had to much play so I figured that might be the problem. At the same time when pulling into a driveway with the wheels cranked to the right there was a bump noise and I could feel something loose hitting the frame.

When I was changing the idler arm I decided to grab the tie rod end on the right side and the guy forgot to tighten one of the clamps so they were rocking a bit. I just grabbed a few wrenches and did my thing.

After changing the idler arm I drove it but not much differnt. Ok fast forward to today. When backing out of the garage it would clunk when I tapped the brakes so I stuck my head out the open door and notice the top of the tire moving in and out. I then grabbed my jack and prybar and poked around more.

It happens the nut on the upper control arm came loose or something and all the shims fell out. I have to take it back to the shop and make them fix it. I am sure this doesn't happen all the time and I am sure they will make sure all is tight. What a PITA.
Im not going to proof read this so I hope it makes sence...

65 Short Fleetside BBC
65 Long Fleetside 283 3 on the tree for now.
my build thread http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=259536
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote