The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
disasterbus

'64 Step Side C-10 in the UK

This week I saw an ad on eBay for a 1964 C-10 stepside for sale 5 miles from where I live in the UK, which is about 30 miles outside London. This is the truck....

Today I picked it up and brought it home for the first time, and loving it already!

The pick up has only been in the UK for a month, I bought it from the guy who imported it. The story goes that it was a Texas truck from new until 2008, and then went to Iowa. It’s obviously had lots of work done at some time and doesn't look like a 50 year old truck underneath....

The paintwork is 'fake patina' over incredibly straight and solid metal, I can't believe how good it is. I wasn't sure about it at first but it's definately growing on me.

Sorry the photo's aren't great - they are the ones from the eBay ad but hopefully you get the idea.

First thing is to order a fitted outdoor car cover for it to keep the English winter weather off the truck. Can anyone suggest anywhere that sells them in England (or Europe) or somewhere that will ship to the UK?

Thanks in advance, this looks like a great forum!
disasterbus is offline   Reply With Quote