The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #11
KSWes

Re: What I can afford, when I can afford it... 70 Chevy LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZouchaR View Post
Couple of tricks that I learned with my blasting cabinet.

#1, take the grate out and cover it with aluminum window screen. This allows the media to fall through to the bottom and keeps your media MUCH cleaner and it last longer between clogs.

#2, get a small light with a bright bulb with a spring clamp hanger to put inside the cabinet, the light inside is terrible.

#3, if you can get them, classifier screens that are used for gold prospecting work PERFECT for cleaning your media. They fit into a five gallon bucket and allow you to pour your dirty media into them and it classifies the large junk out.
Good suggestions! I haven't done this yet but I found this (Link) it's an upgrade kit for the Harbor Frieght blast cabinet. The kit comes with a better gun and better pickup up tube (american made) and you can order the replacement parts easily. I haven't bought it yet but it's on my Christmas wish list. The best thing I did to ensure a good running cabinet was to keep the air pressure high and keep a water separator on the air line.

My Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=513002
KSWes is offline   Reply With Quote