The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2014, 02:11 AM   #1
Teninchbluff

Many memories in this old girl. I got it when I was fifteen (36 now) started my first job when I was 14 to buy it. Good ol' A&W! I remember those days with a fondness that is hard to describe. I could never get rid of this truck even if it rotted with me till the end!

It was quite the surprise when I went around back of the shop to get the info off "the truck that just got towed in" My boss who is my friend along with my mom and step dad had it pulled out of the weeds and delivered to work the other day. All day Myles kept asking if I had gone around back to get the VIN number off the truck that was towed in this afternoon and I was so busy I hadn't the chance till 5:00. (I work at an automotive shop) Myles must have asked me six times throughout the day and each time I said not yet....I knew we were swamped and anything that came in on a wrecker wasn't going to be looked at for a day or two I thought.

Finally at 5:00 I thought I better go and take down the info. As I passed Myles I said "what's wrong with this heap you keep bugging me about!" as I wheeled past (I'm in a wheelchair from a work related accident when I was 20) with a grin on his face he says " not sure, just won't start?" I had thirty feet to go before the "heap" came into view.....It was a strange feeling seeing the truck again! Myles says there was a tear, I don't know about that but it was a shocker for sure.....now what to do, put some rubber on it today and some mags I bought for it when I was 17 or so and never did put them on. Maybe Mikka (my son who is one) will drive it one day....maybe it will be ready by then.
Attached Images

Last edited by Teninchbluff; 11-05-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Teninchbluff is offline   Reply With Quote