The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
jchicago

Rochester Monojet Carb help

Just bought a 80 C10 with a 292, engine idle seems to inconsistent, sometimes it runs smooth, other times it wants to die when I put it in gear. So starting with the carb and as I'm poking around the engine I see a ton of disconnected vac lines, some plugged with screws, others open. And to be honest my last truck was a 66 with a 292 and it was barebones, now with all the smog equipment I'm wondering "where this is suppose to go" and "this looks important, wonder why its not connected to something"

So I pulled the carb yesterday, and there is two solenoids on it, with neither powered by anything. (vac line for the HEI was also disconnected). One I believe is suppose to be powered by the ignition switch from what I read online. Is there a easy place the wire gets connected to? The second one, I have no idea on. Also looks like I'm missing the fast idle cam, or does the second solenoid replace it?

Also, there is a thin piece of metal between the carb and manifold, no idea why its there.

And incase it matters, previous owner said the engine came from a 76-78 1-ton, not sure if that's true, didn't think those would have all the smog equipment.

Tried to attach pictures, but ran into a security token error. Can upload them later.

Thanks in advance, any advice or wisdom appreciated.
jchicago is offline   Reply With Quote