The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #1
trb97

Finally Got a running truck...

Been lurking forever, this is a great board. I finally bought an old truck. Been wanting one for a long time. I picked up a 63 GMC step side two weeks ago. Unfortunately, the engine blew on the way home! Picked up 350 on CL and had issues with that as well (see thread new engine, no good). We got the engine in today and it is running great.

A few issues I need to iron out:

1. The stock throttle linkage is binding so I nee an aftermarket cable. Any suggestions?

2. The truck rides like a brick! Its low! The back is notched and flipped. The PO stated that he heated/cut the front springs. I would like to bring the whole truck up 2 inches. I will be doing a disk conversion but it won't be for a while so spindles will have to wait. Not sure which direction to go. Any suggestions. I have been searching but there is SOO much info on here! The truck will be daily driven.
[ATTACH]Name:  gmc3.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  51.0 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

trb97 is offline   Reply With Quote