The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
seanrolandwood

200r4

So i picked one up this morning and was curious as to peoples opinion as to the best rebuild kits out there and shop manuals out there as this is my first I'm completely unfamiliar with these transmissions and i intend on doing the work myself, any special tools needed, any little "hey they don't tell you this but......." I'm sure theres people here that have used them and said to themselves it would have been so much easier if i had just known or done this and while i appreciate learning from f*#king up as the next guy I've had my fill of frustration for a while just looking for a little help from someone who doesn't mind handing down some knowledge. Ive already considered hitting up a GN forum but those guys are so into the GN i doubt they'd help when they hear its not for a GN. I know everyone has an opinion as far as 200r4 v. 700r4 well i couldn't find a 700r4 in my price range and this kinda feel in my lap and seeing how it pretty much bolts right in without having change much from my th350 its what I'm rolling with.....thanks for any info or links to where i can get what I'm looking for.
seanrolandwood is offline   Reply With Quote