The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
mjrwraith

Mild 350 sbc build, what do you think?

Ok so I have just acquired a 1972 GMC C15 long bed fleetside. I want to do just a simple restore job with a focus more on comfort than a fancy paint job or hot rod motor. I do however want to add a little extra power and a few more mpg out of it. So after some research I wanted to throw my idea on how to set this up out there and get some of your opinions. So here it is, I'm going to take the stock motor with all the lower end being factory spec, and put a COMPCams 252he cam with the new valve train and all to match. Then take the stock intake manifold off and put on an edelbrock rpm intake with the stock quadrajet. Leave the stock exhaust manifolds on and put a b&m shift kit in the TH350 tranny. I'm only looking to get around 25 more horse and maybe 2-3 mpg more out of it. Compression will be stock, which I believe is 9.5:1 may be wrong I'll have to double check. I think that covers everything so any tips or advice would be helpful thanks.
mjrwraith is offline   Reply With Quote