The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
bterry97gt

Aggressive Wheel Fitment Help

Hey guys, I was hoping I could get some help on wheel fitment from people with more experience than I have. The truck I have is a 68 (narrow rear end) swb with No Limit Wide Ride with coilovers in the front and the Fat Bar 4 link in the rear. I estimate the drop on the truck to be somewhere in the range of 5-6" front/ 7-8" rear from stock when finished. I do not plan to use factory inner fenders in the front. I want to fit as much wheel and tire as possible and do not really have a way at the moment to measure for fitment. Also, search results on this topic are not really relevant as most people are using stock inner fenders and narrower wheels. I have a couple wheels picked out and would like to make sure my thinking is on the right track.

My first choice is the Eagle Alloy 227

http://www.aewheel.com/wheels_detail...d=2148&cat=471

With this wheel I would like to do a 20x10 on all 4 corners. On the front I was looking at the 6.1" bs with maybe a 285/35 tire, and on the rear the 5.6" bs with a 295/35 or 305/35 tire and a small spacer to compensate for the narrow rear end. Keep in mind these sizes are limited to the sizes that are available from Eagle. With this setup the front is what worries me. I compared the 20x10 6.1" bs to what seems to be the standard for these trucks 20x8.5 5.5" bs and it looks like the wheel will extend outward .9" when compared to the 20x8.5. That seems like alot to me, however on the No Limit fitment guide it recommends 5.75" bs for a 10 inch wide wheel (seems excessive). They do also offer a 20x10 6.9" bs which extends the same amount outward as the 20x8.5 but extends inward an additional 1.4".

My second choice is the XXR 526

http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-526-Wh...nch wheels=616

With this wheel I am looking at doing a 20x9 5.5" bs and 275ish tire in the front and 20x11 6.4" bs and 305 or 315 tire in the rear (these wheels are spec'd in offsets so I converted to bs using an online calculator). The front when compared to the 20x8.5 standard used above, extends a little less than half an inch more outward so no worries there. The thing I am worried about here is wheel tub clearance. I dont mind adding to the tubs but it would be nice to avoid it. And just for more info on the 4 link, the measurment from the wheel mounting surface to the link bars is 9" so I think the tubs will be trouble before the link bars come into play. Any insight?

With all that said I am just looking for someone to tell me "yea your on the right track" or "No thats crazy and will never fit". With combo 1 I worry about the front, with combo 2 I worry about the rear. I have never had one of these trucks and mine is down to the bare frame with no way to measure so I am going solely of research. Build thread located here:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=648137
bterry97gt is offline   Reply With Quote