The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #11
57chevy406

Re: Gas Tank Relocate HELP PLEASE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevystep View Post
THERE!!!! That's the install I've been looking for, with a filler hole that don't mess with the bed! How tough was the fitting on that jewel, and what sending unit worked with it....??? Heck, Classicparts has a steel Camaro tank for $85...
http://www.classicparts.com/1969-Gas.../#.VJHAtCvF98E
Piece of cake My truck is a 61 so plenty of room. Took about 4 hours to install and plumb tank. used all new components. 69 Camaro tank with big block sending unit (it has the larger fuel line and the return line), 69 Camaro spring loaded tag bracket, 57 Chevy gas tank straps (cause I already had them), Couple pieces 1" square tubing for cross braces. You need to add a resistor in the fuel sending circuit to correct the fuel gauge don't remember what ohms it was but found the info on line. The tank I took out was near new if anyone needs it it's free must pick up cannot ship due to contains gas. I did this about 6 months ago and drive the truck everyday working great.
57chevy406 is offline   Reply With Quote