The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #10
rustymarco

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug224 View Post
rustymarco: 4x4? That will be interesting. Have not seen a 4x4 done yet. Although you have the front drive axles going through the oil pan, I can't imagine that the geometry is that much different than my 2WD. Keep an eye on Ricky's (Ricott) build. You can find him on my thread. In general, all I did was install the body on the frame so it looked like it was lowered. All the suspension is stock. No apparent wheel/body interference at this time on my build. I am using factory Trailblazer wheels and the offset is fine. Ricky utilized after market wheels and, if I remember correctly, will be lowering his more than mine. Remember, include a lot of pictures for our entertainment. Good luck.....dug

your truck and mine are very similar in structure but i think the 59 is a little more wide in the front than the 56 ,trailblazer chassis 2wd and 4wd are the same ,i use a complete trailblazer running for this so i have everything (wires,sensors,traction control etc) i go to put some pics after when i have something done
rustymarco is offline   Reply With Quote